Resident Paper Competition
The resident paper competition will be held during the 2012 Ohio Chapter Annual Meeting. All surgical residents are encouraged to submit their work. Abstracts should be submitted electronically using the submission link below. Abstracts will be chosen for 10 minute presentations. Cash prizes will be awarded to the best resident papers.
- Oncology (basic laboratory research and clinical investigation)
- Surgery (basic laboratory research and clinical investigation)
- Collection Begins 1/27/2017
- Collection Closes 3/5/2017
- Acceptance Letters Sent 3/20/2017
Join a Committee or Council
Interested in Serving on a Committee or Council?
The Ohio Chapter has opportunities available for members interested in serving on one of its committees or Council. The following committees are available:
- Advocacy & Health Policy
- Association of Women Surgeons
- Awards & Bylaws
- Ohio Commission on Cancer
- Community Hospital
- Development Committee
- Medical Education/Program
- Resident Essay
- Resident/Young Surgeons Education
- Ohio Committee on Trauma
- OSMA Delegate
Trauma Resident Paper Competition
The annual Ohio COT resident paper competition on trauma is coming up on May 12, 2017 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Please submit your abstract by 4-1-2017. (UPDATED)
- The competition is open to all general surgery residents, surgical specialty residents, and trauma fellows. Medical students are not eligible.
- Entries should represent original work done by the contestant while a resident in the State of Ohio. The principal author of the abstract must be that resident.
- The abstract must be submitted online here. Please ensure that the abstract has all identification of authors and institutions. The online program abstract form should accompany the abstract.
- The abstract should be no more than three pages and provide adequate information and objective data to evaluate the abstract properly. The abstract should be submitted electronically as a Word document. It is permissible to single-space the abstract. At the top of the first page, the full title of the abstract and full name of the principal author, with academic degrees, are to be stated. At the bottom of the first page, a footnote should be included to provide the principal author’s mailing address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
- The abstracts should describe original research in trauma, critical care, or injury prevention. The topics can be categorized as either: 1) basic laboratory research or 2) clinical investigation.
- The program abstract form must be accompanied by a letter of sponsorship from a department chair or program director of the contestant who is a member of the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Surgeons. This letter must attest to the originality of this work and its compliance with the rules of the contest.
- To be eligible for presentation at the national level, abstracts submitted may have been previously presented but not published as full papers in any peer-reviewed journal before March 2017. As a condition of submission, the contestant agrees to present this work on Friday, May 12 in Cleveland. Failure to present the work will result in forfeiture of the submission.
- A panel of judges will select up to ten (10) papers to be presented on May 12th in Cleveland, Ohio.
- The deadline for the contest is Wednesday, April 1, 2017. Entries received after that date will not be considered.
Winners from the OCOT Trauma Paper Competition will be required to submit their paper for presentation at the Regional Committee on Trauma’s Paper Competition (dates and location to be announced). The winning participant from the Basic Laboratory and Clinical Investigation Categories will have travel expenses related to the meeting paid for by the Ohio Committee on Trauma.
- Collection Begins 1/27/2017
- Collection Closes 4/1/2017 (UPDATED)
- Acceptance Letters Sent 4/7/2017 (UPDATED)
Search and apply for open positions. Institutions can post open positions and promote jobs directly to Ohio Chapter members.
Your job posting will be listed on the Ohio Chapter, ACS website for three months. The position will be posted within 24 business hours from receipt of listing. Submissions may be made via the online form. Job listings are 300 words maximum.
1 Job Posting = ($190)
2 Job Postings = ($175 each)
3 or More Job Postings = ($150 each)
Ohio Chapter members are eligible for a 10% discount on all job postings.